Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Excel 2010 and SharePoint 2010 on a single box demo environment–the Excel file is corrupt using edit in Excel

A typical SharePoint 2010 demo environment has everything installed on a single machine (Office 2010, SharePoint, etc…). Unfortunately this has some side effects – one of the things you might encounter is the fact that it seems that Excel integration does not work correctly anymore. Every time I uploaded an Excel document to SharePoint 2010 and tried opening it using the Edit in Excel option – I got an error stating that the file was corrupt.

Luckily I knew this had something to do with theTrust Center settings. Go to File Options > Trust Center. Next click the Trust Center Settings button. On the new screen which popups – go to Protected View and unselect all the three protected view options displayed on the top of this settings page.

Close Excel and try the “Edit in Excel” option again …

Related post: Getting Office 2010 to work on a single box SharePoint 2010 demo environment

2 comments:

cell phone accessories wholesale said...

That seems to be good news. I always work with excel spreadsheet on the field my work. Because it had been changed into a developed one, it is now easy for me to perform my tasks.

Unknown said...

Thanks, that's saved me some time and frustration.